As an NCCPT trainer, you’re equipped with the tools and support you need to run a successful training business, however, finding the right place to train can be difficult to do. Gyms offer trainers a location and the equipment they need train clients, but protocols and policies can get in the way of an effective and personalized training session.
More and more often, teachers and trainers of all trades are turning to the Internet and social media to build their business and educate clients. Personal training is no exception. Becoming an online personal trainer gives you the opportunity to set your own schedule, personalize the length and exercises of each session, set your own rates, and so much more! You can train clients who are in the comfort of their own home while staying in the comfort of yours. Here’s how you can get started:
- Find business software that suits you. There’s a lot of software out there that can help you track your hours, your income, your sessions and schedule, your workout plans, and whatever else you may need to track for your online personal trainer business. Find software that you’re comfortable using and that meets all of your needs. Although you can track it all manually, software will save you a lot of time and hassle.
- Pick a target group of clients. Certain people are looking for certain things. What group do you plan to target? Are you passionate about helping elderly people maintain their strength? Do you want to help teens build confidence? Are you looking to help post-partum moms meet their weight-loss goals? Decide who it is you want to target and start building around them.
- Write program examples/templates. Once you’ve decided who you want to target, come up with program samples to use in your marketing. These samples can also be used as your templates that you’ll tweak to meet the needs of each client without having to draft an entirely new plan every time.
- Create a website and application form. When you feel like you’re ready to get started, create a website showcasing your skills, awards won, qualifications, and specialties and post a new client application form. The form should include everything from basic information like name and phone number to more personal information like the client’s goals.
- Market and train. Once your site and form are out there and you’re ready to accept clients, get marketing! Market on the platforms and in the places where you know your target will be. Use all of your resources available. From a simple ad on a social media page to an application dedicated to trainers, your options are limitless. Applications like the Bodies App can help you market as well as book sessions and they handle the payments so that you don’t have to.
Online fitness businesses are on the rise and can help you take your personal training business to the next level. Use your NCCPT background and the support that the NCCPT community provides to help you achieve your goals of becoming the trainer you want to become and do it all on your own terms.